NACSW requests nominations for the following categories:
• The Distinguished Service to NACSW Award recognizes a person who has provided long-term and exceptional leadership, scholarship and service to NACSW.
• The Distinguished Christian Contribution to Social Work Award recognizes a professional social worker who has demonstrated exceptional achievements in the integration of Christianity and social work. This individual does not necessarily need to be a member of NACSW.
• The Distinguished Service in Social Welfare Award recognizes a person has made significant contributions to the welfare of a broad spectrum of society. This individual does not need to be a social worker.
• The Diana Garland Award for Social Work Practitioner Excellence recognizes an NACSW member who is a practitioner (a non-academic) and who has evidenced excellence in social work practice, reflecting the values and attributes which are characteristic of Diana’s life of service as a Christian in social work. More details can be found at www.nacsw.org/DianaGarlandAward.pdf
What is required?
All nominations should include the following information in order to be considered:
- A narrative, not to exceed 500 words, in support of the nomination addressing the following:
- Significance of the individuals’ contributions
- Duration (years) of significant effort
- Geographic range of contributions (i.e., local, national, international)
- Extent to which contributions exceeded requirements of professional position
- One page vita for nominee or its equivalent for a layperson nominee, including:
- Nominee’s name, home and business addresses and phone numbers
- Agency affiliation and position/title
- Educational background and credentials
- Bibliography of the nominee’s published works, if applicable
- Contact information: Your name, address, phone number, agency affiliation, and position/title
Where do I send my nomination?
Send nominations to:
PO Box 121
Botsford, CT 06404-0121