The Success of NACSW Conventions Depends Heavily on Our Student Volunteers!!!
Student volunteers to help make our conferences run smoothly and efficiently. At the same time, volunteering at a NACSW convention is a wonderful opportunity to network with and learn from Christians in social work from all over North America.
Information about Being a Student Volunteer at NACSW Convention 2019
• Student Volunteer FAQ: This summary answers frequently asked questions about expectations, registration, accommodations, planning in advance, and more.
• Time commitment: You will agree to assist at the convention for between 6-10 hours.
• Expectations: You will be assigned tasks such as monitoring workshops, helping with set-up and take-down, or assisting with registration, etc. The success of the conference depends on volunteers, so NACSW expects its student volunteers to be responsible in fulfilling their volunteer assignments.
• Student Volunteer Registration: You may register online to be a student volunteer at NACSW’s Convention 2019 in Indianapolis, Indiana Or, you may register by printing, filling out, and mailing the student application form.
• Application Deadline: Submit your completed application and payment to NACSW by October 18th, 2019.
• Registration rates: The registration rates for students include attendance to all convention workshop sessions, plenary sessions and banquet (but not preconvention institutes).
• $112 Non-member Rate (includes 6-month NACSW membership at no additional cost)
• $92 Member Rate (applies to current individual members of NACSW only)
Special Events for Students
This year we will be hosting two events specifically for our students.
Join us for the Career Panel Workshop on Friday afternoon at 2:00pm-3:30pm in Liberty Hall.
We’ve gathered together a diverse bunch of practitioners and scholars to share their experiences in the social work world.
Pick the brains of our panel members as you navigate the next steps in creating your best future.
Friday evening 7:00pm, come to Liberty Hall for Student Pizza and Game Night. A little light relief, chilling with your peers and the same Friday night dinner as millions of students across America – Pizza!