Contact Karlyn Boens for further information.
What is the Emerging Leaders Member Interest Group?
The Emerging Leaders Member Interest Group is a group of students, new social work professionals, and young academics who want to learn about the NACSW structure and contribute to the on-going development of relevant programs, participate in problem-solving groups, network with peers, and have a chance to serve in a leadership capacity.
Who are Emerging Leaders?
NACSW’s Emerging Leaders are:
- Current BSW, MSW, or PhD Students
- New Social Work Professionals (less than 2 years of experience)
- Young Academics (under 35 years old)
- BECOME an NACSW member
- JOIN NACSW Facebook Page
- ATTEND the Annual Convention and Emerging Leaders Socials
- REQUEST a Mentor by emailing email@example.com
- VOLUNTEER to be a leader of the Emerging Leaders Campaign (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What Does NACSW Offer the Emerging Leaders?
- Opportunities for networking and fellowship with other Christians in Social Work.
- Network Connections with other Christians in social work through various social networking tools like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- A mentor program connecting Emerging Leaders with longer-standing NACSW members.
- Connections for licensure supervision.
- Support for navigating graduate school and dissertation completion.
- 20% discount for all of NACSW’s Online Trainings offering CEUs.
- Eligibility to receive, upon request, a free subscription to an electronic version of GrantStation Insider, a weekly email that provides current information on new funding programs, upcoming grant deadlines, trainings, and relevant information for grant seekers — an $89 value offered to NACSW members at no cost!
- Free access to Internet job postings, through the NACSW JobNet Career Center, of interest to Christians in social work, and eligibility to post resumes at no cost.
- Preferential treatment when applying for Professional Liability Insurance with the American Professional Agency.
- Regularly updated online bibliography providing references to books and articles on topics of particular interest to Christians in social work.
- Opportunities for publication and professional presentations