Health and Safety at NACSW Convention 2020
Please note that with regard to the on-site component of the conference, NACSW and the convention hotel will be carefully complying with all CDC and local government guidelines that are in place at the time of the convention.
NACSW’s Convention Health and Safety Committee are currently hard at work developing a plan regarding health and safety measures at the convention, and anticipate wrapping up our full plan before the end of August. However, there are a number of components of this plan that have already been decided upon:
- All convention participants will be required to wear masks at any of the convention functions, and we will be distributing masks for anyone who does have their own. We will also be making disposable gloves available for use by convention volunteers and attendees as appropriate.
- The number of individuals allowed in any of the convention rooms (ballroom; meeting rooms, etc.) at any given time will be limited to ensure adequate social distancing protocols consistent within current CDC guidelines (for example, no more than 100 people would be allowed in the main convention ballroom for our keynote events). All meeting rooms will be configured/arranged so to allow a minimum of 6 feet distance between all participants. Social distancing will be expected throughout the convention.
- Individual bottles of hand sanitizer will be distributed to all convention participants. In addition, the hotel has several dedicated hand sanitizer stations outside of meeting rooms, at the front desk and in the elevator, as well as scattered throughout other locations in the hotel.
- We will be minimizing the distribution of hard copies of materials (registration materials, program schedules, etc.) by distributing most convention materials electronically just prior to the convention.
- We will be asking all convention participants to fill out and turn-in this health screening form prior to being able to participate in the convention.
- Read about the Sheraton Reston hotel’s Commitment to Clean!
NACSW will continue to update this website as we integrate additional health and safety measures into our convention planning to do all we can to keep all convention participants safe and healthy.