Health and Safety at NACSW Convention 2021 in Glendale, CA
Please note that NACSW will be complying with all CDC and local/state government guidelines that are in place at the time of the convention.
NACSW’s Convention Health and Safety Committee has been working in concert with the convention hotel to develop a plan focused on the health and safety of on-site convention attendees, presenters, volunteers, and hotel staff. Some of the main features of this plan include the following components:
- As required by the local authorities in LA County, all convention participants, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear masks at any of the convention functions conducted indoors (except when eating or drinking), and we will be distributing masks for anyone who does have their own. Please note that NACSW/the hotel will be providing an outdoor space (Glendale Terrace North) as a “recharge space” to relax and unmask throughout the convention.
- As recommended by the CDC, NACSW requests that all participants practice social distancing to the fullest extent possible throughout the convention. We will be working with the hotel to stagger seating and leave ample space in room set-ups to reinforce social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be scattered throughout various locations in the hotel. We ask that all convention participants regularly and thoroughly wash their hands and make use of these hand sanitizer stations.
- We will be minimizing the distribution of hard copies of materials as much as possible, including the use of all online evaluation forms and the submission of CE documentation.
- We will be requesting that convention participants not bring food or drink into any convention sessions.
- For convention food events, in place of buffets, we will be working with the hotel staff to prepare plates behind plexiglass and/or offer boxed food options, as well as host some food events outdoors if possible.
- We will be requiring that all convention participants fill out and turn-in a) a health screening form; and b) a waiver form prior to participating in the convention.
NACSW will continue to update this website as we integrate additional health and safety measures into our convention planning to do all we can to keep all convention participants safe and healthy.