The Success of NACSW Conventions Depends Heavily on Our Student Volunteers!!!
Student volunteers to help make our conferences run smoothly and efficiently. At the same time, volunteering at a NACSW convention is a wonderful opportunity to network with and learn from Christians in social work from all over North America.
Information about Being a Student Volunteer at NACSW Convention 2020
• Student Volunteer FAQ: This summary answers frequently asked questions about expectations, registration, accommodations, planning in advance, and more.
• Time commitment: You will agree to assist at the convention for between 6-10 hours.
• Expectations: You will be assigned tasks such as monitoring workshops, helping with set-up and take-down, or assisting with registration, etc. The success of the conference depends on volunteers, so NACSW expects its student volunteers to be responsible in fulfilling their volunteer assignments.
• Student Volunteer Registration: You may register online to be a student volunteer at NACSW’s Convention 2020 in Reston, Virginia or, you may register by printing, filling out, and mailing the student application form.
• Application Deadline: Submit your completed application and payment to NACSW by October 16th, 2020.
• Registration rates: The registration rates for students include attendance to all convention workshop sessions, plenary sessions and banquet (but not preconvention institutes).
• $115 Non-member Rate (includes 6-month NACSW membership at no additional cost)
• $95 Member Rate (applies to current individual members of NACSW only)
Special Events for Students
Community Service Project – Details coming soon…
Each year, NACSW identifies a local non-profit or community partner where we can identify a need and leave an impact on the community we find ourselves in during the convention weekend. Students will have a central role in this service, often including opportunity to engage in the community outside of the hotel walls. More to come on the 2020 Service Project. Watch your social media feeds for details soon…
So, You Want to be a Social Worker? Panel Discussion – Friday, November 7, 2020 Afternoon
On Friday afternoon, there will be a panel discussion designed just for a student audience. Come hear the social work journeys of some of NACSW’s long-time members and experts in the field. Bring your questions about what it means to be a social worker and a Christian? How do you find a job? When and where to enroll in graduate school? Anthing else you wish to discuss. All questions welcomed and encouraged!
Student Activity Passport
This year, we are developing a Student Activity Passport. Throughout the convention, there will be different places to go, people to meet, conversations to engage in, and things to learn. When you complete each item, you will earn a stamp. Completion of the full passport results in some great PRIZES! This is designed to be a fun way to help students navigate the convention’s many activities so that you don’t miss a thing!
If you are soon to graduate and on the job search, be sure to pick up a button at the Registration Desk that says “I am Looking”. Then, throughout the convention, look for others attending the convention wearing “I am Hiring” buttons. What an easy way to connect, right?