The Success of NACSW Conventions Depends Heavily on Our Student Volunteers!!!
Student volunteers help make our conferences run smoothly and efficiently. At the same time, volunteering at a NACSW convention is a wonderful opportunity to network with and learn from Christians in social work from all over North America.
Information about Being a Student Volunteer at NACSW Convention 2021
• Student Volunteer FAQ: This summary answers frequently asked questions about expectations, registration, accommodations, planning in advance, and more.
• Time commitment: You will agree to assist at the convention for between 6-10 hours.
• Expectations: You will be assigned tasks such as monitoring workshops, helping with set-up and take-down, or assisting with registration, etc. The success of the conference depends on volunteers, so NACSW expects its student volunteers to be responsible in fulfilling their volunteer assignments.
• Student Volunteer Registration: You may register online to be a student volunteer at NACSW’s Convention 2021 in Glendale, CA or, you may register by printing, filling out, and mailing the student application form.
• Application Deadline: Submit your completed application and payment to NACSW by October 29, 2021.
• Registration rates: The registration rates for students include attendance to all convention workshop sessions, plenary sessions and banquet (but not preconvention institutes).
• $118 Non-member Rate (includes 6-month NACSW membership at no additional cost)
• $100 Member Rate (applies to current individual members of NACSW only)
Special Events for Students
This year the following activity is specifically designed for our student volunteers:
Student Pizza Event
This year, our partner colleges and universities Azusa Pacific University, California Baptist University, George Fox University and Fresno Pacific University are graciously sponsoring a Student Pizza Event from 12:50 – 1:50 pm PT. This event is for students who attend the convention and wish to meet, network and socialize with other social work students.